Fried meat cutlets is a great international dish. Everybody in every country loves cutlets. It can be served for lunch or dinner with some side dish and salad.
450g (1 lb) lamb or beef
50g (2-3 slices) of white bread
115g (1/2 cup) milk
100g (3.5 oz) herbs (dill and cilantro)
50g (2 oz) clarified butter or olive oil
1 cup of bread crumbs
1. Tear bread into small pieces and put into a mixing bowl. Pour milk over bread and mix well. Bread should soak the milk.
2. Grind the meat and onion two times and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add finely chopped herbs, an egg, and soaked bread. Mix it well using hand until all the ingredients are well blended.
4. Place the forcemeat in the refrigerator for an hour. For those who don’t know, forcemeat is a combination of ground meat, fat, and seasonings.
5. Moisten your hands in the water, take two tablespoons of forcemeat, and roll in into a ball using hands. Take each ball, roll it in bread crumbs and flatten it into oval shaped cutlets. Prepare cutlets from the rest of the forcemeat and place them on a plate.
6. Preheat a frying pan with some butter or oil in it and place the cutlets onto the frying pan. Fry them over medium heat until golden brown.
Turn cutlets over and finish frying until cutlets are golden brown from both sides.
Serve hot with your choice of side dish.
Bon Appétit! Enjoy!
This post is also available in: Russian